Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions cover all courses offered by Manchester International Football Academy (MIFA). They are effective from 1st June 2019 and cover all home and overseas students and players. A player`s enrollment and/or payment for the course will serve as an agreement to these terms.
1) All players who partake within MIFA’s activities are accountable for their behaviour and conduct. Any abuse, physical or verbal against members of the public, staff or other players will be treated with zero tolerance and will result in the immediate removal from the academy.
2) MIFA takes your security and safety very seriously, ensuring we create the best environment for you to achieve your football and academic goals. MIFA monitors the safety of all players whilst at our training facilities and accommodation. We cannot ensure the safety outside of these premises and players are urged to practise caution and self awareness to keep themselves safe.
3) Team selections for matches will be made on merit and at the discretion of the Manager and Coaching staff.
4) All players must arrive at the academy on time and be ready to start all sessions at the time stated on the timetable.
5) All players must sign with the office staff, immediately upon entering the MIFA facilities. Players who fail to sign in will miss training for that day.
6) Players must greet staff on arrival and at the start of sessions.
7) MIFA would like to make it clear that responsibility for student’s personal belongings rests solely with the students themselves, even when those belongings are in MIFA buildings. We suggest that each student has adequate insurance to cover their belongings.
8) All players must follow the Code of Conduct, outlined during induction and displayed within the MIFA facilities.
1) All players must wear shin pads for training and games, if not worn, you will be unable to participate within the training session or game. It is the players responsibility to ensure shin pads are worn.
2) All players must speak English throughout all MIFA timetabled sessions.
3) Players are expected to attend 100% of the training schedule. International Students must be aware that if they miss 10 study days consecutively without contacting MIFA, they will be reported to the UK Border Agency.
4) Players are entirely responsible for organising their own medical insurance. Bearing in mind the possible threat to your professional career if you were to sustain some disabling injury during your time at MIFA. You may wish to consider arranging insurance cover for personal accident or injury.
5) Players who are provided with accommodation by MIFA will follow any code of conduct or in-house guidelines and procedures that are laid down by the accommodation provider and or the Academy, verbally or in writing.
6) Should any circumstances change it is the student’s responsibility to keep MIFA informed of all changes, in particular of any changes of home address, emergency contact name/ numbers or of any medical information.
7) The player agrees that MIFA keeps their personal records on its computerised and paper based systems. Records will be kept within the data protection act.
8) Any recordings (video/photographs/ voice recordings,) made by MIFA staff, taking part within MIFA activities may be used by MIFA in any and all marketing literature, social media and website. Players who would not like to feature or stop being featured, should write to the Academy to express this.
9) Players arranging transport to the academy, who have purchased an airport transfer, must make their arrangements known to the Academy Administrator at least 10 working days before the journey departure. Failure to make arrangements within the specified times will result in players forfeiting the transfer. No refund will be issued for missed transfers.
10) Airport transfers can be arranged from Manchester Airport or Manchester Train Stations only.
11) If a player has purchased host family accommodation, they need to give the academy administrators at least 10 working days notice of their confirmed travel arrangements. Failure to make arrangements within the specified time, may mean that accommodation cannot be guaranteed for the players arrival. Accommodation would therefore be organised for as quickly as it is available.
Fees, Payments and Refunds- We would prefer you not to make payments until you are certain you will be attending, as full fees cannot be returned or refunded.
1) The amount of fees and if applicable due date will be shown to you as part of the enrolment process whether that be online, over the phone or via email. Tuition fees are payable in full at the start of the course without exception. Players should make arrangements to ensure the prompt payment of fees by the due date.
2) Payment can be made via bank transfer, online or debit and credit card (incurs charges.) The payment will be counted as completed once the credit shows in the MIFA account. A bank transfer may take up to one week to reach the Academy’s account and invitation letters can only be issued after the funds or deposit have cleared into the academy’s account.
3) You must pay all bank charges incurred when paying via bank transfer. All academy places and bookings of training/ accommodation/ airport transfers will not be made or confirmed until full payment has been completed.
4) A student who is in debt to MIFA for any reason, will not be able to participate within MIFA activities and will be charged a late penalty. Penalties are as follows, which apply to all monies owing to the academy, including training fees, accommodation and any other expenses: - Payment received one week after the due date: £50 charge - Payment received two weeks after the due date: £100 charge - Payment received three weeks after the due date: £150 charge with an additional £100 per week here after.
5) Any credit card payments which are rejected on processing will incur an additional administration fee of £25.00.
6) Sponsored students, where you will be financially supported by an external, MIFA will expect to receive confirmation in writing from the sponsor that they agree to pay MIFA’s fees subject to the terms and conditions. Until this is provided to the administration team, the player shall remain liable for the full fee.
7) Students having difficulty, for whatever reason in paying fees of any king to the academy are strongly advised to discuss their problem with a member of staff. The academy will make every effort to view the situation of individual students sympathetically, but it is bound to collect any income owed.
8) Refunds will not be issued to students who decide to withdraw from a course after the confirmed start date (which will be provided during enrolment.) Your booking can be moved to the next available course, with no additional fee or charges if administrators are notified two weeks prior to the start date, provided there are spaces available.
9) Players registered will remain on the course until completion; any players wishing to leave during the course will receive no refund of monies paid.
10) Players asked to leave the academy will not be entitled to refunds.
11) All purchases are made in British Pounds Sterling.
Visa Refusals. If a player receives a visa refusal from the embassy, they may choose to apply for a refund.
1) You have up to one calendar year, from your original payment date (the date in which payment was received into MIFA’s bank account) in order to apply for a refund. Anytime after this and the payment cannot be returned or refunded.
2) Upon enrolment, your start date shall be confirmed. If you apply for a refund four calendar weeks before the confirmed start date, a 75% refund shall be awarded (following the below refund timings.) If a refund is applied for after 4 calendar weeks before the start date and up to the confirmed start date, then a 50% refund shall be awarded. If a refund is applied for after the confirmed start date and up to one year after the date, then a 40% refund can be awarded.
3) For a refund to be processed, it must be requested in writing via email to email@example.com. The email should include, the player’s full name, programme purchased, amount and date paid and the banking details to return the payment. Following this, providing the information is all correct, you shall receive an email to confirm you have been added to the refund queue.
4) Refund Queue. To ensure refund payments are made in chronological order to which they were requested, each refund shall be put within the queue and worked through one at a time.
5) Timings. MIFA cannot give out dates as to when the accounts department shall process the payment. However, MIFA do guarantee that all confirmed and approved refunds, which have been added to the queue, shall be processed by the end of the following season, to which the request was made in.
6) Refunds will only be issued via the original payment method and only made to the person or organisation from whom the fees were received.
1) Immigration control in the UK affects everyone who is not a British Citizen. The Home Office is the Government department responsible for determining UK immigration policy. Particular rules apply to students who are EU/EEA and Non EU/EEA nationals. The following link explains this in more detail: Ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk
2) It is the responsibility of the player to ensure that they have the correct visa to train and/or study in the UK. Upon arrival at the academy, you shall be asked to provide a copy of your visa to the academy administrators for their records.
3) If a player does not attend training and/or lessons for 10 consecutive days, without notification, the Academy will report their absence to the UKBA.
4) MIFA will provide a letter of invitation, to players who have confirmed their places at MIFA. Players will be classed as being a confirmed student once payment for their programme has been completed. MIFA will not, under any circumstances be involved or accept responsibility for the visa application process, other than the provision of these documents.
5) MIFA will never make any assurances to visa acceptance.
6) At times players may have their visa applications rejected for a variety of reasons. MIFA can accept no responsibility for this whatsoever.
7) If you choose to receive your acceptance letter via courier then you must pay the relevant charges.
8) In the event that a visa application is not successful, it is the players responsibility to notify MIFA immediately. A copy of the official refusal letter must be provided.
9) You must pay all bank charges incurred when paying course fees by bank transfer. All academy places and bookings of training/ accommodation/ airport transfer will not be made/ confirmed until the full payment due has been completed.
1) Any player who is enrolled onto a government funded educational programme, understands that their attendance at the academy and participation within any MIFA activities is funded through their educational attendance.
2) If players do not attend educational classroom activities, they shall be unable to participate within practical football sessions, until this work has been completed.
3) If a player fails to complete any outstanding work, by the education programme end date, they shall be required to pay a contribution towards the training football programme which they have received.
4) If a player holds any outstanding fees with the academy, they will be unable to receive any educational certificates, until the funds have been recovered.
All the items on this website are subject to change without prior warning at the discretion of the staff. MIFA retain the right to make alterations to the programme at any time. All players which chose to participate within MIFA activities are agreeing to all the above terms and conditions.
Players- Term used to refer to all individuals participating within MIFA activities, regardless of the specific programme enrolled onto.
Session- Any timetabled (in writing or verbally arranged) activity which is organised and/ or conducted through MIFA.
Programme- This prefers all the differing length of courses which MIFA facilitates and an individual has enrolled onto, including taster days.